Public Affairs Manager, Fortum's Recycling and Waste business
We are looking for an experienced Public Affairs Manager to manage and develop public affairs and regulation related activities in Fortum’s Recycling and Waste business in Finland. In this role you will follow and form an understanding of the business implications of ongoing legislation work and regulatory development and define together with the business our approach to legislation matters.
You will Support the Recycling and Waste business by
- gathering and sharing information and understanding on future policy and regulatory development and how they impact Fortum's recycling and waste business.
- engaging with authorities, policymakers and other external stakeholders in recycling and waste related regulation topics
- participating in the work of various industry organizations in Finland
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We active encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle.
We offer you an opportunity to become a part of a professional and highly motivated circular economy experts and public affairs community that supports Fortum's drive towards a cleaner world. You will get a broad perspective on Fortum's recycling and waste business and be able to contribute to the drive for a more circular economy.
To be successful in this position you should have
- Master/BBA or applicable degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Native level language skills in Finnish and excellent English language skills. Swedish language skills is considered an advantage
- High level spoken and written communication skills and good ability to express complex issues in an understandable way
- Ability to manage projects independently
Send your application with salary request via our online recruitment tool by October 20, 2019. For more information please contact Toni Ahtiainen, Head of Business Unit Recycling and Energy, tel. +358 40 577 7533.
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and health examination including drug testing.