Project Supply Chain Manager
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.Tasks Looking for new interesting challenges and further your career in a global company? Do you want to be part of a fast-spaced business where you can use your strong problem-solving skills and be involved in interesting and challenging projects? If yes, there is a driven and professional team waiting for you! We are looking for a Project Supply Chain Manager at ABB Oy, Grid Integration Business Line in Vaasa, Finland.
You will be responsible for the scope of supply for entire project in cooperation with the sales and project execution teams. In this position, you will ensure that Supply Chain Management related targets are achieved in relation to price, quality and delivery, and in line with project requirements.
In this position, you will have a wide variety of tasks; you are not expected to be familiar with all of them when you arrive. We will provide training and support to help you grow into a project business professional. We expect willingness and courage to test your limits in learning new things and taking on the challenges that are part of our daily project work.
Your primary tasks:
• Acting as the first point of contact for overall sourcing and supplier related topics for the project execution team and sales
• Coordinating with Strategic Sourcing and Project teams during the entire execution period of projects and tenders
• Working with the Sales and Project Execution Team to establish project-specific terms and conditions for vendors
• Managing negotiations of contracts and purchase orders, including payment terms, delivery, pricing, terms and conditions, etc.
• Identifying sourcing related opportunities and the critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensuring they are included in the bidding documentation to vendors
• Monitoring the delivery status of orders and resolving any issues which could adversely affect vendors’ delivery, quality, price, etc.
• Monitoring compliance to health and safety as well as business ethics within operational work, contracts and negotiations
• Ensuring compliance with all Group, Division and BU instructions and guidelines as they apply to the project Requirements • B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a suitable engineering or business administration discipline, or another relevant qualification
• Some professional experience in a project environment and/or in a supply chain function
• Excellent communication and proven negotiation skills
• A drive to continuously create results and innovative solutions
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management tools and SAP
• A proactive and systematic way of working
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Good knowledge of processes in complex industrial and turnkey contracts
• Experience in the procurement of tailored equipment and subcontracting services (e.g. civil and installation work) and service level agreements Additional information Interested in joining our team in this role? Then please apply for the position with the job ID FI68561300 at your earliest convenience and no later than June 7, 2019.
For more information about this role, please contact Sami Hakapää, SCM Manager, at + 358 50 334 1758.