Project Quality & Risk Manager
We are looking for a
Project Quality & Risk Manager
to join our Singapore Expansion project Core Team in Rome and in Singapore during following project phases.
Your part in Neste journey
It is great time to join us!
For the Singapore expansion project Neste Renewable Products Business as the Owner, employs a project management model to deliver a successful project, which is an independent Core Team that delivers quality results on time, safely and to budget. The independent Core Team significantly reduces overhead costs through reduced layers of management, better communication and clearer lines of responsibility. Utilizing one set of systems and processes, Core Team approach provides an efficient structure for managing project risks. Core Team is independent from the engineering, construction and supply contractors engaged on a project to ensure there are no conflicting interests. It is only focused on what is best for the project and the business results. This independence provides the leverage required to hold the contracted organizations to account, ensuring that the owner’s interests are always the priority.
In Your role as a part of Core Team, You will be the main point of contact for quality and risk related topics in the project. Main purpose of this position is to
- Implement and improve agreed quality platform to proactively monitor and support Neste’s and contractors’ all project activities from quality assurance perspective in different phases of the project
- Coordinate and ensure that identified project risks internally and externally are mitigated according to plans
- Manage specification related deviation and change processes in the project
- Represent owner’s view towards all project interfaces in quality and risk topics
You will work as a part of nominated Core Team, in close cooperation with experienced colleagues internally in Core Team and Neste Engineering Solutions home office professionals but also towards selected Contractor to ensure premises for decision-making and solid foundations for project execution phase. Our work combines accountability, cooperation and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us. You will be based first in Rome, Italy and later on as the project progresses in Singapore.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- At least 5 years’ experience in quality assurance and control activities and in asset investment projects within oil refining, petrochemicals or other comparable industry
- Experience in risk management, ideally in large scale investment projects
- BSc./MSc. in a relevant technical field of study and understanding of QA/QC requirements over the investment project lifecycle
- Presentation and leadership skills and experience in managing both internal and external interfaces
- Co-operation and influencing skills enabling successful working in matrix organization environment
- Fluent English language skills
We also value
- Project management skills with track record of delivering successful projects
- International long term or project assignment experience
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a team that has its eyes set forward!
Further information and more detailed instructions for applying can be found from our website
Please submit your application and CV by 8th May, 2019
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.