Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Would you like to work in a challenging role, with opportunities to execute and lead prestigious projects? Are you a proactive visionary who enjoys building customer relations? We are now looking for an addition to our team to manage and run our largest and most complex projects – a person with commercial project experience, who has a strategic mind and excellent negotiating skills. If you are up for a challenge, then you should become our new Project Manager. You would be located in our Helsinki office.
You will be part of Process Industries, a business line in ABB's Industrial Automation business. The business line delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services to clients in the mining, pulp and paper, and metals segments. The business’ added value is deep industry expertise coupled with the ability to integrate both electrical and automation, resulting in faster start-up times, increased plant productivity and reduced overall capex and opex spend for customers. We are about 150 people in Operations in Finland (Helsinki and Vaasa), together with Västerås and Umeå in Sweden. Our projects vary in size from smaller brownfield retrofits and extensions to major international greenfield projects that extend over several years.
- Leading the execution of large and/or complex projects
- Ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety and environmental requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments
- Tactical planning, achieving growth in sales and contracts won
- Participating in procurement of equipment and in engaging contractors, and commercial responsibility when representing ABB in various projects
- Overall coordination in projects with several ABB units involved, with full responsibility for the content, finances and timetable of projects, within the given framework with allocated resources
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or equivalent higher technical education
- A few years of experience of project management experience, leading large projects in a similar field
- Experience in delivery and contract projects, preferably with some knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, installation and commissioning
- A customer-focused attitude
- The ability to manage your project team and to communicate within all business levels
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
- Ideally, you have experience of working with export projects in global markets
- A good understanding of various industries and processes will be seen as a merit.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI72596533 by December 15, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Project Management Office Manager Topi Kinnunen, tel +358 50 332 2456.