Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow
greater access to cleaner energy.
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the
means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better
world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Oy, Process Industries business line in Helsinki or Varkaus, Finland. As a Project
Manager, you will independently lead and manage Pulp & Paper MES software delivery projects in a multi-project
environment. You will work closely with global customers facilitating the successful deployment of complex MES solutions
across multiple business teams and physical locations. The role requires solid project management background, broad IT
knowledge and ability to understand pulp & paper manufacturing processes.
This is an interesting and professionally challenging position where you will have the opportunity to work with one of the
leaders in the industry. If you meet the requirements listed below, you are an open-minded team player who has a
systematic way of thinking, you could be the one we are looking for.
- Managing customer software solution delivery projects through the entire project lifecycle in respect of budget, time
- schedule and technical solution
- Defining and following up agreed action plan to achieve project goals and to meet customer's business requirements
- Provide regular visibility on project progress, finance, risks and issues
- Coordinating and leading project teams
- Continuous collaboration with sales team to provide technical sales support and to coverage customer needs
- M.Sc. (IT or Engineering) or broad knowledge from similar role / related technical field
- Proven competence of project management methodologies
- Production management knowledge
- Senior level project management skills, deep knowledge and willingness to work with both waterfall and agile
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders: internal, customer, steering group (C-level)
- Excellent team leading skills
- Customer mindset - capability to understand customer's business requirements, business and earning models and to
- translate those to system specifications
- Familiar with industrial business environment and enterprise level applications (for example: ERP, MES, BI, Process Data
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the client business issues
- Proficiency in English. Finnish, Swedish or German skills is highly appreciated
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a
sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you
collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future,
Interested in joining our team in this role? Please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than August 21, 2019 at
abb.fi/uralle with the job ID FI68370009.
For more information about this role, please contact Anne Niemenmaa, Operations Manager, at + 358 50 332 1275.