ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be responsible for managing propulsion system projects for international customers. In this position, you will ensure that the deliveries are completed on time without compromising on quality or safety.
• Managing propulsion system projects for international customers according to contractual obligations and project-specific requirements
• Ensuring that deliveries are completed on time without compromising quality and in line with safety standards
• Ensuring that projects contribute solid economic results
• Collaborating with different interest groups and managing overall customer relations
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Working environment with dedicated project teams and state of the art innovative propulsion system
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering, economics or other suitable area
• Experience and understanding of project management, project economics, and mechanical and electrical engineering
• Experience of successfully managing delivery projects and meeting contractual obligations and project specific customer requirements
• A proactive, innovative, and systematic personality with the ability to work independently and in teams
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
• Availability to travel frequently
Ideally, you have
• A few years’ experience in the marine industry
• Experience in working in international environment
• Working level spoken and written Finnish language
• An understanding of business-to-business contractual terms and conditions as well as the concept of risk management and mitigation
• Knowledge of marine classification society processes
• Knowledge of SAP
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68561096 by June 3, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Juha Korhonen, Head of Operations, +358 50 332 6209.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com