We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Project Manager at ABB Oy, Grid Integration unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will lead complete substation projects both for the domestic market and export. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the financial performance of the project, the entire scope of supply and on-time delivery of all the main milestones of the project. Overall project ownership will be yours, as well as responsibility for the assigned matrix teams, including engineering, controlling, sourcing, logistics, testing and commissioning. You will monitor the performance of several suppliers including ABB factories, as well as sub-contractors providing site services.
• Ownership of substation projects
• Customer satisfaction and achievement of overall project goals
• Financial results
• Leadership of project teams
• External / internal reporting
• HSE within your projects
• A dynamic and varied working environment
• A position where you can see the success of your work
• A challenging position in a global company
• The possibility to work directly with our customers
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience in project management
• Good planning and leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• A commercial mindset, goal orientation and customer-focus
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally you have
• Familiarity with MS Projects and/or Primavera and the SAP Project System
• The ability to work in multinational teams
• Language skills in Swedish or Russian
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67253696 by April 1st, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Peter Alaviitala, tel. + 358 50 3342 624.