Project Manager, Renewable Hydrogen and PtX
We are now looking for a Project Manager, Renewable Hydrogen and PtX to join our team in Espoo, Finland
Your part of Neste journey
As a Project Manager, you will develop and manage Renewable Hydrogen and Power-to-X -related projects at their pre-decision phases at Neste as well as screen, evaluate and develop ecosystems and investment cases for Neste in this field.
The Project Manager will be responsible for
- Follow-up of Renewable Hydrogen and PtX technology development and participate in defining Neste’s focus areas in this field
- Development of plant investment projects in renewable hydrogen and PtX, including pre studies and feasibility studies, possibly also further steps in the project development phases
- Ownership of selected development of investment cases and ecosystems
- Evaluation of viability of investment projects
- Support technology assessment of carbon capture and utilization technologies
- Management of technical due diligence in evaluation of investment cases
- Stakeholder management
The Renewable Hydrogen and PtX Business Platform combines technology and business initiatives to create profitable and sustainable new business. You will collaborate with several external parties and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at opportunity identification, maturation, investments and commercialization. The position is new within the Neste Innovation function and requires besides technical and techno-economic, also entrepreneurial and proactive mindset.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. electrochemistry, chemical engineering, industrial economics
- Experience of electrochemistry and/or chemical engineering - related plant investments projects (engineering, commissioning, startup, operations)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in investment projects
- Understanding of renewable hydrogen and PtX technologies and players in the market
- Experience in project management
- Project management and leadership expertise
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluent English language skills, other languages an advantage
- Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities
- Team player attitude
- Willingness to travel
We also value
- Track record in partnership/ecosystem development
- International work experience
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer-centric mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values of courage, corporate and care resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Are you interested in taking forward new opportunities to convert them to sustainable and profitable business? Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Outi Ervasti, VP Renewable Hydrogen and PtX on Tuesday 24 November, at 13-15 EET, tel. +358 50 4589741.
Please submit your application by November 30th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.