Project Manager, InvestmentsMetsä Group
This recruitment is carried out anonymously
Metsä Spring is looking for a
PROJECT MANAGER, INVESTMENTS
to join our team and to be a key player in Metsä Group’s exploration to develop process technology capabilities to plan and create new businesses.
What to expect in Metsä?
As a Project Manager you are responsible for execution of investment project activities assuring that the overall project requirements are met. Your duties as part of the innovation company Metsä Spring focus on leading technical planning activities in various stages of new product development. In other words, technical planning relevant for Metsä Spring span from, especially, conceptual design and technical feasibility studies of planned 1st commercial production plants, to managing all technical planning tasks relevant in pilot or demo plant investment projects.
The Project Manager reports to the CEO of Metsä Spring. The position is initially located in Espoo, Finland, but travelling and flexibility in terms of locations are needed.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team (internal and external colleagues) pushing forward potential new innovations.
- In regard to new business opportunities of Metsä Group, leading the execution of planning/engineering activities, starting from concept creation ending in technical feasibilities studies aiming to assess CAPEX and OPEX of planned 1st commercial production plants.
- Planning of investment projects, especially focusing on pilot and demo plants
- Manage the various planning/engineering stages, including equipment supplier negotiations.
- Prepare project investment presentations especially technical aspects of investment projects, as well as CAPEX and OPEX.
- Plan project team structures for the execution phase.
- Execution of investment projects
- Lead the execution of investment projects according to the investment process, safety standards and policies at Metsä Group.
- Lead the detailed engineering, installation, testing and startup.
- Create and lead the project organisation.
- Cost and progress monitoring.
- Reporting to the steering team.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant Master’s Degree.
- Solid leadership background and work experience from successful investment projects.
- Proven technical background and understanding of process technology, especially in the area of wood or fibre processing. Experience from chemical processing is also seen as a merit.
- Strong execution power, determined decision-making and high pressure tolerance.
- Fluent English language skills, Finnish is a benefit.
- Efficient administrative skills including modern office applications.
You will need to be an excellent communicator with good presentation and team working skills. You prioritise safety in all operations. You have high ethical standards, you lead by example and create a positive and open-minded attitude around you.
Anonymous recruitment - how it works
This recruitment is carried out anonymously. Therefore, the following information will be hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage: name, date of birth, contact details, gender, mother tongue, dates of study and work experience and name of the educational institution. Attachments (CVs) are also hidden. HR recruiters have access to the applicants' contact details at the stage when they start inviting applicants for interviews.
Our recruiting system will guide you through the application process. You will be asked for personal data, but all the above mentioned information is hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage. The application form includes questions to help you to present your skills and experience anonymously.
You can attach a CV to your application, but it is hidden at the initial stage of the recruitment process. If you are invited for an interview, recruiters may have access to your CV to support the interview.
Read more about our anonymous recruitment at https://www.metsagroup.com/careers/work-with-us/anonymous-recruitment/
Metsä Group’s innovation company Metsä Spring identifies and develops concepts that could become new business for Metsä Group. Many of these concepts are based on producing novel wood-based products to, for instance, replace similar plastic products. If you want to be part of this work, you are coming to the right place.
Can you imagine yourself having a career at Metsä? Find out!
For further information please contact Arto Lampinen SVP, Technology, +358 40 834 9350, (arto.lampinen(at)metsagroup.com).
Apply for the job!
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Please note that attachments are not visible in anonymous recruitment, so it is important to complete your career profile in Workday. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV and salary request.
The search is open until 14.10.2022. We wish you luck!