Project Manager, EngineeringValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
You will be leading engineering projects and up to 60 engineers in engineering and validation teams - drive programs from R&D concept to product technical release. You will be responsible of project planning including budget, resources, schedules, establishing milestones, and managing all execution aspects of development. With future projects, you will be organizing and managing the engineering execution in quotation phase. In project management you will coordinate multiple stakeholders, track KPIs, internal timelines, follow up budget, resource planning and project requirements ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. If needed, you are able to highlight and escalate issues and communicate program risks together with reporting the technical status to management and customers. In this role you will have strong interaction with the customer and suppliers. You will act as an interface between project core team and customer engineering.
We expect you to have/are:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in the field of engineering or other suitable qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in similar position and strong engineering project work experience
- Strong project management skills and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen
- A highly organized mind set
- Deep understanding of work package planning, resource planning and project scheduling
- Technical knowledge from large mechanical systems, HV electrical hardware systems, and SW
- Good reporting and communication skills with internal & external counterparts. English and Finnish, both fluent in speaking and writing
- Overall battery technology understanding
You will be part of our global team which are locating in Germany and Finland. You can choose one of our engineering offices which are located at Bad Friedrichshall, Munich, Uusikaupunki, Turku or Salo for your main location.
Our special extras:
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Friendly colleagues ready to support you
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Possibility of remote and flexible working (if your position allows it)
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool by 14.8.2022. If you’ve got the basic skills we need, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Mr. Jari Mattila, Director, Battery Mechanics, will be happy to hear from you on +358 50 317 1257.