Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is the leading provider of equipment and tools as well as maintenance and technical services for the mining industry. Its products include drill rigs, mechanical mining equipment, crushers, loading and hauling equipment and material processing equipment.
Surface Drilling Division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking for a Project Manager to lead our electrification projects. The position is based in Tampere, where Surface Drilling has a global technology and manufacturing center for drilling equipment.
You will be a key driver in our change towards the future of electric drilling. As a project manager, you have an overall coordination responsibility of driving necessary cross functional studies and planning activities in order to meet the divisions electrification targets in the future. You will also be interacting with our customers to understand the end user needs for electrification. Project Management responsibilities include planning, leading, monitoring, communicating, executing, and controlling of the projects within the specified scope, quality, and schedule. You are leading the project teams and working in close co-operation with the project stakeholders from various functions and divisions. You will also have the opportunity to further develop our project management processes and ways of working. As Project Manager, you will have an important role in our mission to halve our carbon footprint by 2030 by electrifying our machinery.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Electrification Coordination: Division level coordination in driving necessary planning and communication activities to ensure our capability to design, produce and support the electric product offering on the future
• Electrification Project Management (NPD): Leading role in executing the NPD Process Model for new product offering while driving all Project planning, -management and -control activities
• Developing our current project & program management models and implementing processes to support them
• You have a good track record managing successful projects and are good at coordinating studies & planning activities in complex environments.
• You have experience in project execution and understanding of what delivering a successful project requires, but even more importantly you adapt quickly to new ways of working & processes and are good at communicating effectively in a cross-functional environment.
• We expect you to communicate and generate project documentation fluently in English.
• In addition to MS Office advanced level usage, knowledge of MS Project or any other PM-software is highly appreciated.
• A proactive way of working and excellent skills in problem solving will be needed to succeed in the position.
• You enjoy working under pressure in the multicultural project environment leading the project team to meet the challenging project targets and milestones satisfying the customer needs in the end.
What we offer to you?
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment, extraordinary products, great colleagues and opportunities for your professional development. We want to add value to your development by offering an opportunity to work in a team who embrace Sandvik core values of Customer Focus, Innovation, Passion to Win and Fair Play. At Sandvik, we encourage an inclusive working environment and strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and thereby, our customers. We are currently working in a hybrid mode so you will have the opportunity to work flexibly either on-site or remotely.
Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook and We Make the Shift - Advancing the World through Engineering to get to know us better.
Want to join our team?
The recruitment process is conducted in collaboration with Barona IT and the employment contract will be signed directly with Sandvik. Submit your CV and application by Monday 13th of June through the Barona Careers page.
For further information about the position, please contact Tech Recruitment Consultant Julia Räsänen at +358 44 052 8889 or by e-mail julia.rasanen (at) barona.fi .
Job ID: R0041527