Project Manager, Biomedicals
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to join our Biomedicals team in Helsinki, Finland. Position is for temporary contract, covering maternity leave until the end of August, 2021.
UPM Biomedicals is ideally located at Biomedicum Helsinki, the center for medical research and training which is a leading environment that promotes medical research and training in Finland and supports cooperation between academia and industry. Future challenges in health care are met with the uniquely extensive cooperation between the university's basic biomedical research and the clinical research conducted by Helsinki University Central Hospital, as well as interaction with society at large.
Greetings from your future Manager
“We are looking for a Project Manager with a scientific background and prior experience of working in the Life Sciences sector. UPM Biomedicals supports many external public and private projects plus industrial collaborations, through which we have been building and developing an ecosystem for international knowledge transfer, idea generation and new product development. If you are organised, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail with a good grasp of finance please apply!” – Dr. Jane Spencer-Fry, Director, UPM Biomedicals
As a Project Manager, Biomedicals, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all external public and private projects plus industrial collaborations.
The key responsibilities for this exciting and challenging role are as follows:
- Management of all Biomedicals projects including public, private and industrial collaborations
- Organization of the Project Jury and Project Reporting meetings
- Project milestone monitoring & reporting
- Financial reporting
- Project meeting scheduling and coordination with Biomedicals team members
- Document handling, agreements, project plans and payment schedules
- Daily interaction with project partners, collaborators and Biomedicals team members
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will need to have the following:
- You have science degree from a university
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- You have a minimum of 3 years previous experience in project management, preferably in the Life Science industry
- You have attention to detail and are process orientated
- You have excellent communication skills and proven experience in working with multiple business units e.g. R&D, finance, legal
- You have proven problem solving skills and you are able to work independently
- You are proactive team player
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Jane Spencer-Fry, email@example.com.
Please send your application via link above latest by 09.04.2020. We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.