Project finance Professional, EU Project financeVTT
Project finance Professional, EU Project finance
Are you an expert in project financial administration, and are you interested in working in business support on various research and development projects? Would you like to use your expertise to drive a sustainable future while working in an inspiring community at the cutting edge of science and technology? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning, and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Get to know us further by exploring VTT’s research infra at VTT World.
We are now looking for a Project finance Professional to join our EU Project finance team.
In EU Project finance, you work as a part of VTT's financial team, responsible for various EU-funded projects' financial and administrative tasks. We provide quality and expert service to our Research Areas, enabling project managers to focus on project content and cutting-edge research.
Your responsibilities include:
- Financial and administrative tasks for EU funded research and innovation projects
- Interpretation of funding conditions and rules
- Supporting, guiding, and advising project managers and project partners on project finance and administration matters throughout the whole project life cycle
- Budgeting, financial reporting, and organising audits
- Project controlling and management in the ERP system
As part of the work community, you develop ways of working and support the team with your expertise. You work closely with different stakeholders of the organisation. In addition to the above tasks, the job description may include other responsibilities within the team's area of responsibility, such as developing guidelines or training functions. These can be partly modified according to your competence and interest.
Who we are looking for:
- You have knowledge of the EU Framework Programmes (Horizon Europe, H2020), EU projects and instruments, as well as EU project related practices
- You have experience in the project lifecycle and project finance related activities
- You have studied relevant field (degree in university or in university of applied sciences) or you have applicable work experience
- Strong proficiency in both Finnish and English
As a person, we hope that you are:
You take the initiative and work actively towards common goals. You have excellent collaboration and interaction skills and a customer-oriented mindset. You are solution-oriented to take on various challenges and tasks, but you also enjoy performing routine tasks in your work.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy:
- Work with a strong purpose. At VTT, you'll get to use your professional expertise to help solve the greatest challenges of our time through science and innovation. Our research agenda is dedicated to solving systemic and technological challenges, such as reaching carbon neutrality and creating superior digital systems. At VTT, you'll get to do your part in driving this meaningful change through your professional skills. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- An inspiring community. VTT houses all the cutting-edge fields of innovation, from quantum technology to synthetic biology, under one roof. As a professional at VTT, you'll get to witness and influence the future of science and technology as it happens.
- Career and learning opportunities. As a scientific expert organisation, we emphasise learning and development and support our people in reaching their full potential. People tend to stay at VTT for more than ten years, as we offer opportunities to develop and grow into new responsibilities. If you're curious, ambitious, and willing to learn, VTT is the place to take your career to the next level.
- Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture excellent team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work-life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays, we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programmes and training on cognitive ergonomics.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 3rd July 2022. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to know more?
For further information, please contact Team Leader, EU Project finance Elise Kovanen (+358 50 467 3904) on 14th June at 14.30-15.30 or on 20th June at 10-12.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Espoo, Tampere, Jyväskylä or Oulu.