Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Engineer at ABB Oy, Process Industries business line in Vaasa. As a project engineer you are responsible for technical solutions in a particular project. You will support the sales operations by defining the technology to be sold in such a way that it can be implemented from the start of the project to the end of the project. During project implementation, you will operate as an expert in your own area and you will be accountable to a respective lead engineer. Whenever necessary, you will provide assistance to the customer with problems related to their equipment and applications. The group of project engineers has a superior of their own, who is responsible for the development of the group and for the standard solutions produced by the group.
- Supporting the project organization in technical solutions from the start of a project to its completion
- Supporting the customer in technical solutions
- Being the top expert in one or several e.g. Single drives, motors and machines, FieldBuses and intelligent motor centers, LV switchboards, MV switchgear, HV switchgear
- Supporting marketing, sales operations, project implementation, and engineering to ensure that all technical solutions are correct from the very beginning
- Carrying out engineering work, whenever necessary
- Carrying out training to customers
- Producing technical documentation
- Reusing ABB libraries in projects
- Maintaining and improving the level of engineering knowledge and expertise
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Electrical engineering expertise; electrical engineering for the process industry, ability to understand and apply power distribution systems MV distribution
- Knowledge of industrial processes
- Ability to use ABB solutions in engineering projects
- Co-operation ability
- Good command of English. We also appreciate other languages, especially Swedish
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to make decisions and to avoid/manage stressful situations
- Experience in commissioning/site operations and carrying out testing for the process industry is seen as an advantage
- Knowledge of HV, LV distribution is considered as a benefit
- Ideally you have a knowledge of ABB products
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71954315 by December 8, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Engineering Manager Jani Yliaho, tel. +358 50 334 2527