We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for Project Engineers at ABB Oy, Grid Integration unit in Vaasa. You will be responsible for all activities related to system and secondary design in substation projects, which includes everything from base design to the final delivery. Your role will be very varying as the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique.
• Active participation in the development of project engineering
• Preparing, updating and supporting the project execution in system and secondary engineering activities
• Ensuring that the system and secondary part are designed and executed according to the given specifications, considering local regulations and requirements
• Working with internal teams and sub-contractors to develop a complete substation secondary design package
• Participating in testing and commissioning in remote sites
• Participating in installation supervision in remote sites or providing remote support for the site team.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or automation engineering
• A few years’ experience in the field
• A basic knowledge of the applicable standards (IEC, SFS, GOST)
• Knowledge of CAD (MicroStation or E3 in particular)
• The ability to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues
• Willingness to travel: up to 20% both domestic and international
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of substation control and protection systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP
• Finnish, Swedish, or Russian language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by April 14th, 2019.
If you have questions, contact Seppo Pasto, tel. +358 50 334 2614 or Hannu Hautala, tel. +358 50 334 2596.