We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Project Engineer at ABB Oy, Control Technologies unit in Kokkola to take on a challenging and interesting position in our growing automation business. You will be involved in automation system development and maintenance in the process industries. You will also perform testing and verification of automation control systems.
• Developing automation engineering solutions of varying complexity in line with specifications, quality standards and safety requirements
• Completing maintenance and repair of automation control systems and ensuring that the systems work safely
• Developing operator interfaces for plant process overviews and P&I diagrams
• Performing verification of automation control systems in our test area as well as on site.
• A challenging position in the growing automation business
• The opportunity for personal development in a team of experts
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. in automation of control system engineering
• A few years’ experience in industrial automation
• Experience of ABB’s 800xA and other industrial control systems
• Knowledge of DCS design and engineering of automation systems for process industries such as the chemicals industry or metals and mining
• The ability to work well independently and in a team
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Fluent communication skills in Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Good spoken and written communication skills in English
• Experience with MS Office and most importantly, the ability to learn to use new IT tools.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63956883 by August 12, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Matti Korhonen, tel. +358 50 332 7273 (Mon–Fri 8–10 a.m.) or email email@example.com.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com