Project Engineer, Turbine Island
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Project Engineer, Turbine Island
We are strengthening our Turbine Island (TI) team and hiring a Project Engineer. TI area in the Hanhikivi 1 project consists of turbine-generator, process water, cooling water, electrical and utility systems including the related buildings and infrastructure. In this position you will coordinate agreed TI area project management activities and support the department management throughout the different project phases. You will report to the Turbine Island director. We expect that you have a technical education, experience from investment projects and good communication skills. The detailed job description will be finalized based on your professional background and knowledge.
Your tasks will include e.g. the following issues within the TI area:
- Coordination of risk management, change management and technical contract requirement management processes
- Coordination and control of incoming / outgoing technical project documents and requests for technical information between Fennovoima and the plant supplier
- Facilitation and support for project & schedule follow-up, reporting and progress meetings
- Participation in TI area core team meetings and sub-project progress meetings
- Contacts and interacting with Fennovoima’s technical coordinator network
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Technical education, e.g. B.Sc.
- At least 3 years of experience of industrial investment project implementation
- Experience of power plants or other relevant industries
- Language skills: fluent in English – Finnish and/or Russian is an advantage
- Skills in utilising software programs like Excel and scheduling tools
- Good team working and communication skills
- Independent and proactive working style
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility, find solutions, have the desire to develop processes and have the skill to listen to colleagues.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 23.9.2019: http://www.fennovoima.fi/en/recruitment/open-positions. For further information, please contact Turbine Island Director Tiina Partanen tel. +358 40 757 6360 on Thu 12.9. at 15-16 or on Tue 17.9. at 9-10 or Psycon consultant Lari Koivu tel. +358 (0)20 7101 267 on Fri 13.9. at 12-13 or on Wed 18.9. at 14-15. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office but starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.