Project Engineer, Secondary
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for Project Engineer at ABB Oy, Grid Integration Business line in Vaasa. You will be responsible for all activities related to system and secondary design in substation projects, which includes everything from base design to the final delivery. Your role will be very varying as the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique.
- Active participation in the development of project engineering.
- Preparing, updating and supporting the project execution in system and secondary engineering activities.
- Ensuring that the system and secondary part are designed and executed according to the given specifications, considering local regulations and requirements.
- Working with internal teams and sub-contractors to develop a complete substation secondary design package.
- Participating in testing and commissioning in remote sites.
- Participating in installation supervision in remote sites or providing remote support for the site team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or automation engineering.
- A few years’ experience in the field.
- A basic knowledge of the applicable standards (IEC, SFS, GOST).
- Knowledge of CAD (MicroStation or E3 in particular).
- The ability to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues.
- Willingness to travel: up to 20% both domestic and international.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English is required. Finnish, Swedish, or Russian language skills is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of substation control and protection systems is seen as an advantage.
- Ideally you have a knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP.
<!-- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -->
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
- A challenging position in an international working environment
- The opportunity for personal development
- The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI70269074 by August 30, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Seppo Pasto, Engineering Manager, tel. +358 50 334 2614 or Hannu Hautala, Technical Project Manager, tel. +358 50 334 2596