Project Engineer for Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Wärtsilä Marine Power Solutions, EGC Project Management is seeking a target-driven, energetic Project Engineer to participate in customer delivery projects. This position will be an integral part of the project team and one of the key players to deliver growing number of Exhaust Gas Cleaning projects for Marine sector.
In this position, you will be part of an experienced project team to execute demanding projects in challenging environments. This role will offer you experience in international business and opportunities for professional growth in an advancing field of industry.
Location: Turku, Finland; Vaasa, Finland
- Safeguarding that works under your assigned responsibility area are executed according to contract requirements, specifications, instructions and company policies
- Managing project activities according to contract requirements together with external vendors and internal team members
- Planning the works with total costs, schedule and customer needs in focus
You will also be responsible for
- Integration for assigned technical area, including integration engineering between cross functions and 3rd party equipment suppliers within the technical area
- Technical ownership of the project solution
- Control over Wärtsilä scope of supply, from engineering to hand-over
- Performing project work in compliance with project management methodology and business directives
- Project related development and quality assurance
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Automation) or Process/Marine Technology
- Experience with marine industry projects, working with classification societies or experience with exhaust gas treatment is considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of process technology and related components such as pumps, valves, tanks, piping systems or experience with complex E&A systems
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a structured and efficient manner
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, also under time pressure
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Other language skills are seen as an advantage.
Please apply by 23rd of May 2019 via Wärtsilä Careers page at www.wartsila.com/careers .
Contact Person to give further information:
Ari Haanperä, Team Manager, Project Engineering
Phone: +358 40 5631716
For further information by phone, please contact during 8-9 o'clock (EET) on Monday to Friday.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.Find out more at www.wartsila.com