Project Engineer, Electrical or Automation
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an energy system integrator, we – Wärtsilians - understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Our solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. We support our customers over the lifecycle of their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Did you know that Wärtsilä has 72 GW of installed power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Energy Business is looking for a Project Engineer, Electrical or Automation to plan and execute electrical works.
The location for this position is Vaasa, Finland
- Support project and sales teams with project specific Grid code requirement and implementation of Electrical & Automation design and interface.
- Create project specific technical specifications and design requirements for sales support purposes
- Carry out and co-ordinate assigned project activities, integration engineering and technical correspondence with internal team members, vendors, customers, Transmission System Operators and cross functional stakeholders.
- Create project specific technical specifications and design requirements for purchasing purposes
- Carry out sub-supplier delivery and quality follow ups
- Act as stand-in for Grid code team members and Chief Project Engineers
- Technical support to site teams globally during installation and commissioning
- Participate in developing and maintaining of tools and work methods in own responsibility area
- To give, collect and handle feedback regarding technical solutions and complaints
- Provide lessons learned initiatives for developing issues in own responsibility area
- BSc. or MSc. in Electrical or Automation Engineering.
- Being self-going, having team working skills, motivation to learn and grow professionally and willingness to travel as well as ability to understand and work with diverse cultures
- We expect also 3 years of experience in electrical engineering. Grid code experience is a benefit
- Ability to communicate in English, any other additional languages will be considered as a benefit
The solutions we develop together with our customers have an impact on how world trade, global energy supply and climate change evolve. Together with our customers, we make a true difference.
Please apply by 24th January, 2021.
Contact person to give more information:
GM Project Engineering Electrical & Automation
+358 40 549 1253