Solar Foods Oy
If you want to be part of an inspiring team dedicated to solving the future of food, then Solar Foods is your new home. Solar Foods is a visionary food-tech startup company that develops revolutionary fermentation-based innovations for food production. As an active player in solving the global food crisis, Solar Foods provides new solutions that secure the sustainable use of natural resources by disconnecting food production from agriculture. We have created the world’s most sustainable protein Solein® and we are now on our way to make it the magic ingredient of foods in the future.
In order to prepare for the market launch of Solein®, we are on the way to scale up the current production capabilities. Therefore, we are searching for a Project Director to a permanent Senior role to lead the construction and commissioning of our new demonstrator factory. When not at the construction site, you will be located with rest of the team in Espoo, Finland. With longer perspective, you can also be our key person to lead or support the construction projects of large-scale industrial factories around the world.
- Leading from Solar Foods’ side the Engineering, Procurement, Contruction project (EPC) for demonstrator factory
- Asking tenders, analyzing different alternatives and negotiating agreements
- Organizing and leading the project team
- Supervising contractors together with the main EPC project partner
- Negotiating with authorities regarding construction and environmental permits
- Project risk management
- Participating in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system project
- Overall project management in a timely fashion and within the budget
- Ensuring successful construction and commissioning of the demonstator factory
- Reporting of the project progress to the company’s management
- Driven by Solar Foods' mission and willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Energized and proactive with proven ability to drive initiatives from start to completion in an organized manner with limited guidance
- Solid track record in executing significant multi-million investment projects in process industry
- Excellent project management skills (e.g. communication and team leadership skills, prompt reporting style, ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, assigning and prioritizing tasks)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with hands-on attitude
- Fluent Finnish required in this post
- Relevant degree, or experience, in civil engineering
- Desirable: Track record in construction projects particularly in food, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
HOW TO APPLY
We would be delighted to hear from you! Thus, if you are interested in this position, please download your CV and cover letter no later than 4th of December, 2020. The first interview round will be executed through video interviews (the instructions will be provided).
In case you have any questions about the post or the company, please take contact in Pasi Vainikka, our CEO +358 40 5825 987.