Metsä Group ICT is a group level service function responsible for delivering and developing competitive ICT services group wide to all business areas and group functions.
As a continuation to Group level process harmonization Metsä Group is renewing its ERP environment in the ERP Renewal Program ERP+.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and experienced
for Metsä Group’s ICT organisation.
What to expect in Metsä
This is a new role and a unique opportunity to join the ERP+ program and lead Metsä Group through a global ERP template design and implementation project across all Metsä Group Business Areas.
The Project Director is working in a key role as the ERP+ Program Vice President’s right hand in planning, managing and delivering one of the key projects in the program. He/she is an essential part of the program´s core team and Operative steering group. The Project Director will be supported in his/hers role by the ERP+ Program Director and Program Management Office.
The Project Director’s responsibilities in running this project includes:
- Managing all aspects of Project life cycle to facilitate successful delivery to ongoing operations
- Providing project leadership, work direction and feedback to project and program teams including internal and external stakeholders
- Developing, communicating and overseeing detailed project plans and setting delivery expectations including metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans, costs, budgets and status reports.
- Active project risk management
- Reporting the project’s status and potential issue escalation in a timely manner
- Project schedule alignment with other projects in ERP+ program and overall Metsä Group’s development portfolio
- Presenting formal presentations and executive summaries to senior management to provide recommendations and status updates.
- Ensuring uninterrupted business operations on and immediately after “project go-live”.
What do we expect from you?
We expect you to have a relevant Master’s degree and a strong background in IT and industry-specific work and experience of working as a Project Manager in large projects. We also expect You to have a proven track record of successfully managing a full lifecycle of large SAP implementation projects in a global multi-business area environment. Preferably experience in SAP S/4 HANA projects. Experience in forest and paper industry is considered an extra asset.
As a person, you have positive, service minded attitude and good problem solving skills. You have also an ability to cope with uncertainty and you have solid vendor management skills with software vendors and systems integrators in international multivendor environments.
Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English is a requirement in this position. Knowledge of another Nordic language is an asset.
What do we offer?
Metsä Group offers you a great opportunity to take part in developing the future of the forest industry. If you believe in renewal and want to promote the increased use of fossil-free materials, you're coming to the right place.
Metsä Group has a responsible corporate culture that creates a safe working environment for everyone. We invest in good leadership and personal career support. We take care of the well-being of our personnel and reward good performance. For us, it is important that everyone develops their skills and we enable job rotation across the organization. We must be able to show and utilize our expertise!
The position will be located in Metsä Group HQ in Tapiola, Espoo.
Want to hear more? Call us!
For further information please contact Compass HR Group Consultant Göran Hernberg, +358 10 320 2410.
Apply for the job!
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Do it as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV (and also tell us your salary request). The search is open until 30.11.2020.