Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Do you have an analytic and solution-oriented mindset and the ability to see behind numeric data? Are you interested in challenging and rewarding work in an international working environment, with competent and motivated colleagues around you? Does this sound good to you? Read on!
We are looking for a new valuable staff member to replace our Project Controller who is moving on to a new position. In this position, you will have a wide variety of tasks; you are not expected to be familiar with all of them when you arrive. We will provide training and support to help you grow into a project business professional. We expect from you willingness and courage to test your limits in learning new things and taking on the challenges that are part of our daily project work.
The Power Grids substation unit has operations at several locations in Finland. Our main site is in Vaasa, which is also the location for this position. We deliver substations for domestic and international customers. We are a systems integrator with solid technical expertise and agility that come together in the professional management of project deliveries.
- Preparing materials for project reviews and participating in reviews as a project finances specialist.
- Reporting on the financial status of projects (costs, invoicing, cash flow).
- Downloading financial information into the project management database (ProMIS).
- Preparing financial project forecasts and comparing actual costs with the forecasts.
- Monitoring and control of invoicing, purchase invoices and cash flow.
- Supporting the unit's Business Controller in financial reporting for the unit.
- Management and reporting of reservations for the guarantee period.
- Creating customers and projects in SAP.
- Keeping track of changes taking place in procedures and accounting rules, and the practical application of these.
- Preparing and saving documentation for the audit of the accounts.
- Opening and follow-up of various collateral for deliveries.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You have a BA or MA in accounting or financing.
- You have solid experience in using the SAP/FICO module.
- You are an efficient user of spreadsheet software such as MS Excel.
- You communicate fluently in English and Finnish in work-related situations. Your future team is bilingual, so your native language can be Finnish or Swedish.
- Knowledge of the basic business logics is a requirement: you need to be familiar with the factors behind the profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow and profitability. Experience in management accounting or financial accounting is
- an asset.
- We value practical working experience in similar controlling duties.
- This position is ideal for you if you find it easy to keep things in order according to their priority, and like to complete tasks within the agreed schedule.
- You react to any changes and deviations in the projects’ financial status, and find the reasons
- behind the changes.
- You are able to take control of project finances together with the project managers.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71799277 by October 23, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Antti Rinta-Knuuttila, Project Controls Manager, tel. + 358 50 334 4603.