Are you looking for an opportunity to gain work experience in an international project environment? We are now looking for a Project Controller to our Client Wärtsilä. In this role we value your curious attitude as well as your good cooperation and communication skills. If you have an educational background in business or tech and you want to level up your career in a global company transforming the energy industry, read more and apply today!
ABOUT THE ROLE As a Project Controller you will participate in various global power plant projects and support the Project Manager in finance -related tasks. Your main tasks include overseeing the budget, reporting, and analyzing costs and risks of projects. In addition, you will also calculate and report customs and shipment values. With your excellent cooperation and communication skills you ensure seamless communication with different stakeholders and the efficient progress of projects financially. The tasks vary depending on the project and you will work in close cooperation with the Project Manager to agree on your specific tasks on a project-by-project basis.
All work is currently done remotely but later on we expect you to be able to work from the Vaasa office when required.
You are offered
* An opportunity to work in a leading global company and take part in international projects
* Comprehensive training and support from your experienced team
As a consultant at Academic Work, you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Upkeeping, tracking, and forecasting budgets
* Reporting and analyzing costs and risks
* Communicating with different stakeholders
* Supporting the Project Manager in various tasks depending on the project
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* A suitable educational background (B.Sc. or M.Sc. in business / tech)
* MS Office skills
* A learning -oriented attitude
* Fluent English language skills both written and spoken
Experience from a similar role and participating in technical projects as well as SAP -skills are considered as an advantage.
As a person you are:
* Flexible and adaptable
* Communicative and cooperative
* Start: May 2021
* Work extent: 12 months, possibility to extend
* Location: Remote work / Vaasa
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Wärtsilä that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
OTHER INFORMATION Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsiläs net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.