We are looking for a Project Contract Manager (PCM) that will oversee the contract performance in terms of quality of language, context and follow up on various contractual topics such as variations, claims, disputes, potential adversarial topics and actively participate in negotiations with the Supplier. PCM must have hands on approach and be ready to prepare the communication him/herself on any technical/commercial/contractual topic thus have ability to quickly grasp any problem and propose relevant solution. PMC will be managing contract amendments in cooperation with FV legal department, execution, and analysis to maximize operational and financial performance within the organization, all while reducing financial risk.
- Developing and implementing procedures and policies for anyone involved in the contract process reducing organizational expenses and increasing efficiency
- Developing and maintaining dashboards & track progress of all open claims/variations/early warnings/potential claims
- Drafting and revising a variety of project documentation
- Providing advice and guidance to the different team members relating to all contract and claim management aspects
- Identifying opportunities to improve contract and claim management processes and devising plans to implement these changes
- Claim preparation, defence and strategy
- Implementation and managing of commercial policies and procedures across the Project
- Identification and management of relevant risks.
Ideal candidate for this position has:
- Strong experience in international nuclear power plant construction with major contractor/clients in roles dealing with management of project change procedures, cost management, claims and variations, negotiation and settlement of disputes with owners and subcontractors
- Experience operating at a senior level on a major project or in a Commercial/Contract/Claims Manager role in a large construction company or on the Client/Owner side
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Commercial or Business Management
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and leadership
- Capability to supervise your team effectively
- Thorough knowledge of contract language, claim process and legal requirements of construction contracts across a variety of contract types
- Ability to review major complex bespoke construction contracts as well as to identify and communicate risks and mitigation strategies to the bid teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to successfully operate in multiple environments at the same time
- Solid understanding of legal terminology
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 19.4.2021. For further information, please contact Contract Management Director Katarina Culham tel. +358 (0)20 7578 757 on Tue 13.4. at 15-16 or on Fri 16.4. at 12-13, or Psycon consultant Hanna Starczewski tel. +358 (0)20 7101 236 on Thu 8.4. at 13-14 or on Fri 16.4. at 9-10.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later on when needed.