Project Assistant for cruise ship industry
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 5.11.2019
ShipPalette acts as a link between shipyards, ship owners and other ship building professionals, ensuring that the design projects are completed on time and on budget. ShipPalette is now looking for a proactive Project Assistant to grow professionally within the company and in the field of interior design and architecture. If you are flexible and solution-orientated team player with high communication skills and interest in cruise ship interior design and architecture, this might be a perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading and send your application right away!
ABOUT THE ROLEYour main duties as a Project Assistant will include accounting and assessing the budget of the ships interior designs based on earlier designs, interpretation of contract documents and technical drawings and enrolling calculation data to systems. Later you will have an opportunity to get own responsibility areas in projects and grow professionally within the company.
You are offered
* An opportunity to influence the results of your work
* Chance to gain experience and grow professionally within the company
* A job description in which you are working a vital link between architects and ship builders
* A career in flexible, solution-oriented and co-operative working environment
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Interpretation of contract documents and technical drawings
* Cost and budget accounting based on earlier designs, coordination and communication with different stakeholders
* Scheduling and tracking
* Enrolling reference materials to Excel and other systems and comparing reference area design to the design material provided for the new ship
* Drafting materials on budget calculations for internal meetings
* Purchase offer requesting and comparison
* Participating in negotiations between different external stakeholders such as the shipyard, contractors and architects
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* High interest in cruise ship interior design or architecture
* A minimum of lower university degree in a relevant field (e.g. business, technology or interior architecture)
* Ability to understand ship interior architecture and how the design and material choices impact budget
* Professional skills in Excel and other MS Office tools
* Fluent English skills, Finnish seen as an advantage
* Willingness to perform various job duties, influence the outcomes and commit and grow within the company
As a person you are:
Previous experience of reading technical drawings, interior design and drawing with CAD -software or construction work are seen as an advantage.
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: 12 months, after which recruitment to the company is possible
* Location: Vantaa
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from ShipPalette that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.