Programme ControllerInternational Solidarity Foundation - Solidaarisuus
ISF is looking for experienced
to a permanent position in ISF Helsinki office to develop financial management of the ISF development programme in order to ensure quality, generally accepted accounting principles and adherence to back-donor rules, especially Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and European Union.
You will work closely with ISF country offices and support our own staff and local partners in matters related to financial management, budgeting, financial control, and reporting structures in collaboration with the local Finance and Administration Coordinators in the field. The job requires travelling in our partner countries Kenya, Somaliland and Ethiopia.
Programme Controller is a new position in ISF. You will work as part of Finance and Administration team to enhance transparency and accountability of ISF development programme in Eastern Africa, and report to ISF Finance and Administration Manager. You will also have main role in back-donor communication and reporting as well as in implementing and developing internal controls and enhancing financial risk management.
What we require from you:
• Master´s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in financial administration or similar
• Ability to coach and manage development processes
• Ability to work under pressure temporarily
• EU citizen or holder of a valid permit to reside and work in an EU country
• Fluent in written and spoken English
What we value:
• Experience in NGO field
• Professional experience in developing countries
• Experience of grant management of international institutional donors (e.g. EU or UN)
• Knowledge of Finnish language
What we offer:
• Inspiring and responsible tasks in an expert organisation that values learning and agility
• Be part of the work community to promote women´s and girls´ rights in vulnerable regions
• Opportunites to co-create and influence
• Excellent staff benefits and possibilities to remote work
Employment starts as soon as possible. Your salary is based on collective labour agreement and varies between 3754 - 4308 euros per month according to your work experience.
Additional information is given by Finance and Administration Manager Lotta Mäki-Turunen, tel +3584578367652 Mon 21st of November between 13:00 and 14:00 GMT +2 (Helsinki time) and Thu24th of November between 13:00 and 14:00 GMT + 2 (Helsinki time).
Please, attach your cv and application letter in the system.
Read more about ISF /Solidaarisuus: