Program Manager, Power-to-X
Wärtsilä Finland Oy
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsiläs net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an energy system integrator, we Wärtsilians - understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Our solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. We support our customers over the lifecycle of their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Did you know that Wärtsilä has 72 GW of installed power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, together. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Energy Business is looking for a Program Manager, Power-to-X.
You will be part of the Innovation and New Business team, responsible for Power-to-X development program execution. X-Ahead program (https://www.wartsila.com/media/20-04-2020-wartsila-x-ahead-project-gets-government-funding-to-promote-carbon-neutral-economy-2689456) relates to materialisation of our vision of 100% renewable energy future with the strong intention understand how the energy intensive society will be decarbonised and what are the completely new opportunities for Wärtsilä and what are the values for society.
You will work in close co-operation with start-up companies, Universities and other research partners to co-innovate and develop Power-to-X technology cornerstones and business understanding for Wärtsilä.
Position location is in Finland, preferably in Vaasa.
- Lead the Power-to-X development program X-Ahead to reach and exceed the project development targets
- Lead and co-ordinate the research partners in their work in various work packages with close personal involvement and passion creating the can do spirit to achieve concrete results
- Along the program development grab to the opportunities and re-direct the research activities accordingly
- As a leader of the project you are all the time aware how the project is proceeding thus it is easy to create the formal reports and follow-up according to government granting rules
As an ideal candidate you would have:
- Analytical thinking combined with a positive, can-do mind-set and goal-orientation. You are a team player, who naturally can assume leadership which is required to steer the heterogenous teams of R&D partners
- Capability to explore unknown and find solutions rather than problems
- Structured approach, project management skills and proven track record of prior work in R&D projects
- Advanced skills in communication, both written and verbal
- Good presentation and networking skills
- MSc or equivalent technical or commercial degree
- Minimum 3 years working experience
- Good presentation and networking skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to travel
- A unique opportunity to be one of the fore runners to pave the path towards 100% renewable energy future and materialise it
- Strong support from experienced and excited team peers and company
- Already established connections to many spectacular external partners in the field
This recruitment is done in cooperation with Adecco Finland Oy and all applications should be submitted to Adeccos website www.adecco.fi/tyopaikat. Please apply by 24th January 2021.
Contact person to give more information about the position:
Senior Manager, Power-to-X
Mob +358 40 5820259
Contact person to give more information about the recruitment process:
Mob +358 50 383 0168
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1410409
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuaika päättyy: 24.1.2021
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Yhteyshenkilö: Nina Vesavuori (nina.vesavuori (a) adecco.fi)
- Sijainti: Vaasa, Helsinki, Lappeenranta