We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor at ABB Oy, Drive Products in Helsinki. In this role you will be responsible for supervising production and for continuous improvement of production processes. Human resource management and as well as working safety related tasks will be an important part of your daily work. You will work in a customer focused organization fulfilling fast pace delivery expectations. In order to be successful in this role you will need to have an analytical approach to your work and be motivated by reaching set targets and goals. Work will be executed primarily in two shifts, but according to the applicant’s wishes continuous night shift work is also an option. Previous experience in a supervisor role is a plus but not compulsory.
• Acting as supervisor to a manufacturing team of around 25 people
• Analytically developing our production processes through e.g. continuous improvement activities
• Making sure that we reach set targets and goals with a positive attitude
• A challenging position with an opportunity to bring about real changes to our production processes
• A positive working environment and the opportunity for personal development in a supervisor role
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. in electrical engineering, automation, industrial management or a related field
• A few years of working experience, previous experience from a supervisor role is considered a plus
• Good skills and understanding of production and logistics processes
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organizing and communication skills
• Ability to motivate your team with a positive attitude
• Fluent communication skills in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
• A development-oriented mindset and a hands-on working attitude
Ideally, you have
• Understanding and experience of Lean principles and basic quality management methods
• Experience working with SAP Production Planning module and MS Office
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68691491 by June 2, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
Applications will be processed and interviews are held already during the application period, so you should apply quickly - the job will be filled when a suitable person is found.
If you have questions, contact Production Manager, Small & Medium Drives Jarkko Bäckman, tel. +358 50 332 5096
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com