We are looking for Production Planners to create value with a profitable and cost-efficient supply chain. Positions are permanent. Your location will be Varkaus Sawmill, Varkaus.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
Career for a better climate. Every day.
As a Production planner you have a strong focus on optimizing the production planning to meet the customer delivery times and service levels as cost-efficiently as possible, as well as contributing to a smooth and efficient production flows.
About the positions
As Production planner you will be part of the Varkaus Supply Chain team which is a team of 5 persons. You will be co-operating with the Supply Chain, operations at the sawmill and FP mill, customer service centers and sales. We expect a proactive customer service attitude together with a solid supply chain insight.
After a training period you will be responsible for the production planning of Varkaus sawmill. You’ll report to the Supply Chain Manager Varkaus. Your daily tasks will include among others:
• Responsible for a customer driven production planning of Varkaus production lines with a reliable delivery performance based on the raw material plans, production plans and orderbook.
• Responsible for keeping the stable balance of the production flows through efficient production planning
• Continuous improvement through optimizing the yield and quality by finding new alternative ways to produce the goods
• Keeping up high accuracy in the production and raw material plans and master data
• Contribute to the profitable and cost-to-serve efficient supply chain for Varkaus sawmill
• Daily communications with operations at Varkaus units, supply chain team, quality team, sales teams and dispatching
• Updating the readiness of the goods for delivery planner
• Production planning data management
The other position also contains project tasks.
What we offer
We believe that our employees are key to our success. We offer a total rewards package to engage our employees, including elements such as compensation, employee benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, recognition and wellbeing.
In this position you will learn a lot and get good overview of how different functions operates smoothly together in operations, supply chain, sales and logistic. You will have a good chance to make an impact and develop the processes and tools with new ideas. You will also become a part of the larger international Supply Chain community which consist with people from several different countries.
• Relevant education and/or a minimum 1-2 years of work experience in supply chain, production planning or similar tasks,
• Solid customer service attitude.
• Result oriented, and an ability to set clear targets & deadlines.
• Ability to set priorities and perform well under pressure.
• Good communication skills in both verbal and written Finnish and English.
• Good ability to quickly adopt to new digital production planning tools and adopt them on a daily basis
• Good team player in an international environment, and able to build sustainable relationships with all stakeholders.
• Good adaptability to the changes
• Experience of SAP, WPS/ KAHUNA systems is seen as an advantage
• Insight about wood industry and products are considered an advantage.
To continue to drive a strong culture we are looking at a number of behaviours in each individual which is based upon our leadership themes set forth for driving our renewable materials agenda:
• Customer Needs; Keeps up-to-date with market factors impacting our business and enhance or invent new products and solutions, always considering the customer and consumers perspective.
• Business Acumen; Clear understanding of key financial and productivity metrics driving business value across our business. Has the ability to make decisions quickly on the base of incomplete information and takes responsibility for own decisions.
• Do what’s right; Takes responsibility for Stora Enso being a global company that is ethical, safe and free from harassment and discrimination. Acts as an example of Stora Enso’s values and Code of Conduct – in difficult times as well as good times.
• Inspire & Motivate; Inspires team members in believing in the way forward and encourages a collaborative & communicative working environment. Actively seeks to understand the key motivators of others with the aim to make them grow and perform.
Please submit your application via our recruitment system latest by 12.6.2022. Questions can be directed to Recruitment Specialist Sami Mentula, firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept applications submitted only through our recruitment system.
What happens after you apply?
To prepare yourself for our recruitment process, please explore the page provided: https://www.storaenso.com/en/careers/applying-for-a-job
Prospective employees are screened for drug use in the pre-employment examination.
The Wood Products division is one of the largest sawnwood producers in Europe and a leading provider of sustainable wood-based solutions for the construction industry globally. The growing Building Solutions business offers building concepts to support low-carbon construction and eco-friendly designs. Stora Enso develops digital tools to simplify the design and construction of building projects with wood. In addition, we offer applications for windows, doors and packaging industries, as well as pellets for sustainable heating solutions.
We believe diversity strengthens our competitiveness and contributes to better decision-making. Diverse working teams help us to explore different perspectives and challenge our way of thinking. We work actively to increase diversity in the workplace and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Stora Enso is an equal opportunity employer and follows non-discriminatory practices.
Based on the location and level of the position the normal recruitment process could in addition entail, video interview, aptitude tests, and pre-employment actions such as; background checks, references, health check-up and drug test as part of the final stages. You will be informed to what is applicable to the role during the recruitment process.