Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Production Manager for a permanent position in UPM Formi. The position is located in Lahti, Finland.
UPM Biocomposites portfolio consists of UPM Formi outdoor products and UPM Profi granulates. UPM Biocomposites business develops, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality composites whose principle ingredients are cellulose fibers and polymers. Our factories are located in Finland and Germany. www.upmformi.com, www.upmprofi.com
Greetings from your future manager
“UPM Formi is a product line that shows high growth potential around “Bio” plastics. We are focusing on replacing fossil-based solutions with products based on renewable resources for injection molding, extrusion and 3D printing.
This very dynamic environment gives you the possibility to demonstrate creativity but also requires a high degree of “bringing projects into realizations” mentality. The UPM Formi team would like to welcome applicants that are eager to work together with a very professional team in a “startup” environment, are willed to show proactivity and a high motivation level in order to create sustainable and meaningful solutions for our life.” -Ralf Ponicki, Director, UPM Formi
What you’ll do
- You will lead production activities focusing on optimal and consistent production flow, assets capacity and flexibility, cost efficiency, competitiveness and maximum output. You will monitor data and results and manage corrective actions as well as manage production planning
- You will manage mill budget, incl. forecasting, implementation, follow-up and corrective actions
- You will be responsible for implementing agreed strategy and provide clear sense of direction & focus to personnel for business success
- You will be responsible for planning, recruiting, leading & developing the mill personnel, ensuring suitable performance management and keeping all employees at mill accountable
- You will lead Quality Assurance & Process Development activities with focus on products’ fit for purpose and quality made right first time. You will monitor data and find places of waste and overtime and develop processes for optimal, consistent and predictable production flow and effective use of assets
- You will achieve competence in data based and process way of working through strong cross-function collaboration
- You will be responsible for leading effective warehouse management, leading maintenance & housekeeping and leading OHS, fire safety, power security and environmental management
- You will participate in ensuring delivery reliability and improve stock management with Supply Chain and optimizing effective flow by agreeing principles with Sourcing
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in e.g. process or mechanical engineering, with at least five-year work experience in the area of plastic compounding or similar. Experience in the area of processing natural fiber compounds is considered as a clear asset
- You are familiar with industry standard equipment and technical expertise and have adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- You have knowledge and experience in safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship related processes
- You have the ability and experience to plan, develop, maintain and implement development programs and investment projects, incl. detailed planning of stages and milestones, communication. You are also able to measure progress and achieve the set goals
- You have good communication, teamwork and people leadership/management skills. You have the ability to create accountability and to lead by example also in multicultural and interdisciplinary teams
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize and recognize bigger picture behind the data and details
- You have proactive and independent working style. You are responsible, achievement oriented and flexible and able to manage pressure in tight schedules
- You are active in networking and enjoy staying up to date with latest production management as well as the best practices and concepts
- You are fluent in written and spoken Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter in English by 29th of February 2020
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center tel. +358204146600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For UPM positions located in Finland, a security background check may be performed for those selected in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.