We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Production Line Manager at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. You will be responsible for production operations and management of the whole production network, including production lines in Finland and Estonia. You will lead your own team of experts to ensure smooth production, on-time deliveries, productivity improvement and continuous development by using the Lean methodology. You place safety first and your ambition is to make quality happen. You will exceed customer expectations with seamless co-operation and collaboration with sales, engineering, supply chain, logistics and R&D.
• Leading and managing production process and organization
• Ensuring that production targets are achieved in safety, quality, productivity, punctuality and costs
• Driving continuous improvement and development activities
• Overseeing production planning to optimize loading and capacity usage
• Ensuring that health and safety requirements and targets are met
• Competence development of personnel and organization.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering, operations management or another relevant field
• Several years of experience in a production management role or other similar leadership role with proven track record
• Proven track record in executing Lean principles
• Team-player attitude and proven leadership capabilities with a customer-focused mindset
• Ability to build new ways of working and change management
• Ability to work in multinational teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in and knowledge of frequency converters
• Familiarity with SAP.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66096588 by August 26, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ville Piironen, tel. +358 50 332 4135.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com