At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 122,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of around €63 billion in 2018. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com
We are now looking for a Production Engineer for BASF Battery Materials in Harjavalta. The Production Engineer supports and monitors custom manufacturing activities of BASF battery materials business at Norilsk Nickel Harjavalta site. In this position you will work in the world's leading chemical company.
About the role
Main tasks of the Production Engineer are managing, organizing and participating in the daily operations of the battery materials trial plant, acting as a technical lead and being in charge of all maintenance and operational details. Close cooperation with BASF R&D and technical functions will be an essential part of your job, and your seamless cooperation with Norilsk Nickel production personnel will be key for success in the role. Furthermore, in this position, you should have a keen interest in operational details and knowledge of process-related costs and unit consumption. Working with continuous improvement of operational and technical field will be important in this position, as well as providing best practices and learnings from day-to-day operation for future large-scale operations.
• Minimum 2 years operational and/or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, more than 5 years is a benefit.
• Engineering degree (required), Chemical Engineering (preferred).
• Strong technical skills (preferably, in the field of hydrometallurgy, crystallization, filtration).
• Good understanding of relevant analytical methods for transition metals.
• Experience in a mass-production environment, preferably, with external partners.
• Demonstrated project managements skills.
• Good collaborating skills with other departments and organizations.
• Strong analytical thinking
• Good communication skills and inclusive approach to working in global teams.
• Technical competencies in troubleshooting.
• Mathematical and statistical skills.
• Understanding of environmental safety and health policies and procedures.
• Fluent Finnish and English language skills.
In addition, we value experience in hydrometallurgical processes, background in scale-up and/or production of specialty inorganics, familiarity with process data management and German language skills.
We offer you a long-term position in the world's leading chemical company, great colleagues and competitive compensation including attractive benefits. You will see the results of your work in practice and you have a possibility to both develop yourself and the organization. You will gain expertise knowledge and have a a crucial role at the Harjavalta site.
Send your CV with a cover letter via the link on our website. Remember to add further information about your language skills alongside your salary request.
Please submit your application by 14th of June 2020. We will start the interviews in week 22. Target start date in the position is planned for August.
For further information
Business Manager Leena Saari
044 565 4343 firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Engineer, Chemical, chemistry, production
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1363165
- Tehtäväalue: Hotelli- ja ravintola-ala, Kiinteistöala, Matkailuala, Asiakaspalvelu/palvelu, Tekniikka, Teollisuus/tuotanto, Kauneudenhoito/hyvinvointi, Kaupan ala
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuaika päättyy: 14.6.2020
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Satakunta, Harjavalta