PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Geyser Batteries Oy
Geyser Batteries Oy is set to automate and quickly ramp up production of breakthrough, environmentally-friendly batteries capable of charging in seconds. With strong, decades-long background in R&D and manufacturing of supercapacitors, Geyser Batteries team is determined for complete overhaul of high-power energy storage market.
Geyser Batteries is looking to attract a seasoned manufacturing manager, preferably with experience in battery/supercapacitor manufacturing, for a position of Production Development Manager. Joining Geyser Batteries as one of the first employees in Finland you will drive development of our production facilities from a small-scale pilot manufacturing line to massive gigafactories, one step at a time.
Planning and developing new pilot automated production plant with the aim of scaling this process globally.
Working alone, with your team and/or with R&D team members and/or external EPC(M) contractors you will:
- lead engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of new production facilities or upgrades to existing ones, starting from early design and encompassing site evaluation and securing access to public utilities;
- determine feasibility of new production facilities or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors;
- suggest new and improve existing production processes;
- suggest new and improve existing product designs for minimizing cost of production, including re-use of existing and/or use of readily-available off-the-shelf manufacturing methods, facilities and processes;
- support manufacturing team to ensure successful operations of production facilities.
To succeed in your goals you will build and manage the manufacturing engineering team responsible for planning and development of new manufacturing facilities in Finland and worldwide.
- Engineering Degree in Electrochemistry, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Background with automation projects / manufacturing systems engineering.
- Background in managing industrial EPC(M) projects.
- Maintenance of production equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of use of laws and regulations of Finland governing production, industrial safety, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate successful interactions with team members and management.
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Background working in electrochemical power sources manufacturing (battery, supercapacitor).
- Strong track record of work in international environment.
The position is located on the beautiful Finnish West-coast, in the city of Vaasa, the home of unique Nordic energy technology cluster. This is also a great opportunity for a challenge-driven person interested in being a part of building a greener tomorrow. The position offers you a unique chance to be a key player in ramping up a new business with a proven product. You will also have the continuous support of the company.
We need to hire as soon as possible, so act quickly. We will conduct interviews during the application period. Send your brief CV and cover letter via the link besides this job ad by 1.4.2019. For more information, please call Barona Engineering, Kristiina Vormala +358 40 837 4019.