We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
Is your ambition to build world-class operations?
We are looking for a Production Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for driving production technology and automation activities in assembly environment. You are a part of the Operations Development Team in Operations organization. At this position, you act as a key technical resource and project leader for the successful implementation of production technology strategy. Your ambition is to make quality happen, improve manufacturing processes and increase assembly automation level through seamless co-operation, and collaboration between functions in production technology development projects.
• Executing production technology improvement projects
• Defining and implementing automation solutions for manufacturing processes
• Production line and workstation design and assembly method development
• Long-term capacity calculation for production investments and cost-benefit analysis for decision making
• Designing and maintaining production line 2D/3D-layout models
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering or other suitable field
• A few years’ experience in the production environment
• Proven track record in assembly and automation solutions design and implementation in the manufacturing environment
• An understanding of assembly industry, automation and production technology with hands-on attitude
• Strong analytical skills and development-oriented mindset. Experience in statistical analysis and tools.
• Experience in 2D/3D CAD system, production simulation tools and production cost analysis
• Experience of Lean manufacturing
• Excellent organizational and cross-functional communication skills
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English. Knowledge of Finnish is an advantage.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in using DFx methods
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by March 17, 2019.
If you have questions, contact Timo Rissanen, tel. +358 50 3323494, timo.t.rissanen(a)fi.abb.com
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com