We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Production Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Vaasa. You will be developing production methods and tools in manufacturing and acting as project manager, among other responsibilities.
• Development of production processes and methods with close focus on automation.
• Project manager role in investment or development projects from planning to implementation.
• Providing support for other production units upon request.
• A challenging position in a truly international working environment.
• The opportunity for personal development.
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering.
• A few years’ experience in production development or machine engineering alternatively a proven track record in production development or investment projects.
• Good co-operation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Good IT-skills, including MS Office, AutoCAD and SAP.
• Experience of factory or process automation.
• Familiarity with Lean manufacturing processes.
• Other language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64978256 by August 26, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Johan Kalander, tel. +358 50 334 7647.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com