Product Support Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Product Support Specialist
As a Product Support Specialist you have a chance to work with technically advanced instruments in an innovative and international working environment. We offer motivating tasks and this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with technical product support and people. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- The main focus for this role is the technical support of the Clinical Analyzer in-house install base, including routine maintenance, reactive repair, implementation of system upgrades (hardware and software) and system relocations/installations.
- Work independently and as part of a Global Service team to provide customer support (internal and external) for a new Clinical Analyzer and the associated Assays and consumables..
- Actively participate in βeta and clinical trial tasks to support installation activities and ensure service readiness.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and instrument uptime by providing high quality service activities by timely escalation, problem solving, and reporting of customer issues
- Improve the functionality and system data evaluation for broader support activities via proactive diagnostics.
- Work with field service/application support team to build a knowledge base by sharing best practices and experience.
- Represent Service team on new product development and existing product improvement initiatives.
- Actively use the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) business system tools to continue the ongoing development of our systems and processes, and driving customer deliverables.
- Create, Develop and maintain product support documentation and processes.
- Willing to travel on occasion, client-focused and customer centric as duties may also include support and product training on customer sites.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent degree in related subject with relevant experience considered..
- 3+ years’ experience of system support in service or operations environment.
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills of sophisticated electronic and mechanical instrumentation
- Customer orientation – the position requires frequent contact with customers, distributors and other Thermo Fisher Scientific representatives, including written and verbal communication with technical professionals, telephone and email communication with prospective and current customers
- Experience in IVD industry customer support is preferred, demonstrable experience working within a validation environment and working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical analytical problems in a challenging environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload in an effective manner
We are looking for an enthusiastic initiative taker with a positive attitude. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-PLrCW_I.K by 9.8.2019. Reference: 99020BR.
To discuss further you can email Mark Nicholls, Director Global Product Support & Services on Mark.Nicholls@thermofisher.com.
Please click the below link to see what our software engineers think about their work at Thermo Fisher Scientific.