We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Product Specialist (Electrical Design) at ABB Oy, Transformers in Vaasa. In this position, you will be responsible for the project-specific engineering and electrical design of special transformers and reactors.
• The economical, electrically and mechanically sound, and optimized electrical design of transformers and reactors
• Electrical designs for tenders and final electrical designs for production
• A challenging position in an international working environment. In this position, you will be part of the tender and order delivery process of the most complex and demanding transformer and reactor designs that the industry has to offer.
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience.
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training.
• The opportunity for professional development. Transformers Vaasa has global responsibility of SPT range special transformers and reactors. We offer full range of engineering related international positions.
• M.Sc. Or B.Sc. in electrical engineering
• A few years’ work experience in a relevant position
• A good understanding of electrical engineering, manufacturing and material technology
• The ability to work systematically and handle the occasional stressful situation
• The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Fluent verbal and written skills in Finnish and English; other language skills (German, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian) are an advantage
Ideally, you have
• An understanding of mechanical engineering
• Experience and knowledge of electromagnetic simulation tools
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65160446 by June 17, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Timo Tuomisto, tel. +358503342340.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com