PRODUCT SAFETY MANAGER
Metsä Board’s Product Safety and Sustainability team is looking for a product safety professional for a temporary employment for one year period to support Metsä Board’s business. The position will be located in Espoo. In our product safety team you collaborate closely with other product safety team members to ensure the safety of our products. You will also cooperate with other internal functions such as purchasing, production, sales and technical services as well as external stakeholders such as customers and associations providing support and knowledge in product safety related matters. Understanding global food contact regulations for paper, plastics or other barrier materials is essential for this job. Also an understanding of how the chemical characteristics of these materials may affect the safety of food by migration or other means is important.
- Chemical safety of food contact materials produced by Metsä Board
- Development of Metsä Board´s product safety processes and tools
- Management of projects concerning product safety
- Product safety related support for internal and external accounts
- Representing Metsä Board in external forums such as relevant associations, customer trainings and conferences
- Marketing research, gather/analyze production, competitor and sales information. Provide PR, event and other marketing related support.
Candidate experience and competence expectations are:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product safety, regulatory work, packaging food safety, chemistry or relevant technical field
- Suitable university degree in chemistry or technical field
- Good knowledge of paper and/or plastic related global food contact regulations
- Expert in composition of food contact materials and their possible migrants and barrier properties
- Result oriented and customer focused team player
- Excellent networking, cooperation and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Any additional languages are seen beneficial.
- The position includes some travelling.
We offer you an interesting and challenging role in Metsä Board, which is a part of Metsä Group.
Are you interested? For additional information please contact Anne Uusitalo, Director, Product Safety & Sustainability, +358 50 313 0420, preferably Friday 12.10. at 13-14.30 or Monday 15.10. at 9-10.30.
Sending the application
Please send your resume and application with your salary expectation by 17th October 2018.