Welcome to MaaS Global. We are the world’s first mobility as a service (MaaS) operator leading the change in how the world moves in the future.
At Whim we believe that owning a car doesn’t make much sense anymore. Our award-winning Whim app makes smart travelling easy by incorporating all transportation modes available – from public transport to taxi rides, car rental to city bikes and more into one service.
We have launched Whim already in Helsinki, Finland and in Birmingham, UK, and expanding to tens of cities around the world soon. We are now looking for spirited new colleagues to join us on this journey.
We are looking for a Product Owner to organize, schedule and assess work for our product development.
Product Owner responsibilities include collecting feature requests set by Product Team, agreeing with Product and Tech team how to implement these features, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
We are looking for a person with an expert approach instead of a managerial approach. This role takes a very hands-on approach instead of strategic, managerial or vision level approach and therefore takes many of the abilities expected from a Scrum Master as well as learning a thorough understanding of MaaS Global’s product.
• Groom and prioritize backlog based on the guidelines and priorities set by Product Team.
• Coordinate and plan that the work needed from different teams to get a release done is executed on time.
• Participate in developing user stories with product, design and tech team and define acceptance criteria.
• Set sprint goals.
• Plan releases and upgrades together with Product Development.
• Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints and report them to CPO and CTO.
• Analyze requests set by Product Team.
• This role does not include strategic or managerial responsibility.
• Act as safeguard for the team.
• More than 5 years of experience working as a Product Owner, Scrum Master or similar role in product management.
• Expert in estimation and planning. Ability to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
• Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc. Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle.
• Strong technical background with knowledge of software development.
• Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
• Good team-player who thinks about one’s team before oneself.
• Good organizational skills.
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field or other relevant education.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
Benefits include the choice of your own working tools, a monthly Whim urban subscription, working in an international environment in the heart of Helsinki, and free refreshments!
Does this make you tick?
If you say yes, please submit your application and CV on-line, no later than the 30th of September 2018. For more information about the position, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen 040-7621564 or arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi on Tue-Thu between 2 and 3 pm.
Edellytykset työnsaannille: +5 years of experience, product management, estimation and planning, SW development projects, Agile, User story development, acceptance criteria definition
Rekrytointia hoitaa Barona
Rekrytoimme vuosittain noin 10 000 ammattilaista asiakaspalvelu-, engineering-, IT-, logistiikka-, myynti ja markkinointi-, rakennus-, sosiaali- ja terveys, taloushallinto- ja teollisuusalojen tehtäviin niin määräaikaisiin kuin vakituisiinkin työsuhteisiin. Olemme 50 suurimman työllistäjän joukossa Suomessa. Tämä tarkoittaa sinulle monipuolisia työmahdollisuuksia, kun Suomen suurimmat yritykset luottavat rekrytoinnissaan Baronan asiantuntemukseen.