Product Owner (EDW and report development)
Nordic Investment Bank
NIB is seeking a for a Product Owner (EDW and report development) to join the Financial Planning Unit for a three-year-fixed term contract.
The Financial Planning Unit, which is part of the Treasury & Finance department, is responsible for developing and maintaining NIB's framework for financial planning. At NIB the financial planning activity covers business and financial planning, financial modelling, and business performance measurement as well as internal management reporting and analysis. The Financial Planning Unit is, together with the other parts of the Bank, part of the exciting transformational journey to becoming a data driven Bank. As a central user of data and analytical tools, the Financial Planning Unit will also have a leading responsibility for ensuring that the Bank’s business intelligence environment gives best business value. Therefore, we are looking for a Product Owner for EDW and reporting development to join us on our endeavour.
The Product Owner’s main responsibilities include:
- Acts as a Product Owner in an Agile development environment.
- Represents, interfaces with, and engages with Business Owners and stakeholders and coordinates efforts among multiple business units.
- Partners with Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts to create, maintain, prioritize and sequence the product backlog based on business value-added.
- Produces, captures, analyzes, refines business requirements, and writes user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Collaborates with development team to ensure efficient prioritization and implementation for the product backlog items.
- Inspects product development progress, evaluates finished stories in context of acceptance criteria.
- Participates in steering groups as needed to gain visibility, vision, context, and clarity of products to be delivered.
- Takes part in other activities in the Financial Planning Unit to stay connected to overall business development.
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere in the team and among colleagues.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in data warehouse projects and product development preferably as a product owner.
- Competence in data analytics, reporting development including technical competencies (MS Office, Business Intelligence tools, understanding of database design, SQL, other scientific computing languages beneficial).
- Relevant experience in controlling, reporting, business analysis and/or business planning functions from the financial industry.
- Proven ability to work within a team and to collaborate in a cross-functional role.
- MSc, preferably in finance, statistics, or computer science (or other relevant education).
- Aptitude to combine banking business acumen with modern data tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English coupled with good business writing skills.
We offer you
- A platform to master the modern financial planning discipline and gain an overview of banking operations in a rapidly evolving environment.
- A role in an ambitious and supportive team that values initiative, learning, sharing and an ability to proactively collaborate with colleagues across the Bank.
- An opportunity to learn and master modern Business Intelligence and Reporting tools and truly influence on new ways of operating for the Bank.
- A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIBs position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
- A multicultural working environment.
NIB warmly welcomes expatriate employees and their families and will help them in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Ville Väisänen, Head of Financial Planning (+358 10 618 0267) on Aug 10th (between 13.00-16.00 EET) or Aug 11th (between 9.00-12.00 EET).
To apply, please visit NIB's home page, www.nib.int (Jobs). The deadline for applications is 13th of August 2021.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation. In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance. NIB is a professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.