We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Product Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. Your main role will be to ensure technical production capability for all products under Drives Service responsibility. You will work closely with the Drives Service Operations team, Quality personnel and Technical Product Managers.
• Supporting the operations teams in maintaining production and testing capability for all products under the organization’s responsibility
• Technical responsibility for production testers used for products in Classic life-cycle phase in both ABB and supplier production facilities
• Defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling the quality of products manufactured by Drives Service according to set KPIs (FPY, FFR)
• Managing changes needed for products under Drives Service responsibility in accordance with the Change Management Process for RMDR, BU Drives
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The possibility for professional development in the field of engineering
• The chance to advance your career within ABB
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.in power electronics, drives, electromechanics, automation or related field
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
• Good people and co-operation skills
• A result, execution and learning oriented attitude
Ideally, you have
• Relevant work experience in a semi-automized industrial production environment
• Knowledge of ABB frequency converters
• Experience in data analysis and database management
• Basic knowledge of lean and six sigma principles
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67776518 by January 20, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anttijussi Salminen, tel. +358 50 3322 462.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com