ANDRITZ Wood Processing is looking for a Strength Calculation engineer to join Product Management team, to work with Wood Processing equipment and plant deliveries.
Scope of work is to calculate Wood Processing equipment for sales, project and R&D. Equipment consists of different type of conveyors and steel supports of equipment. Work will include static and fatigue strength calculations and steel weight optimization of lattice structures. Assignment also requires employee to give overall strength-calculation related support to members of organization.
The location of the job can be any ANDRITZ Oy office in Finland. Induction period is held in Lahti. ANDRITZ Oy centers of excellence are: Helsinki, Kotka, Lahti, Savonlinna, Lappeenranta, Tampere and Varkaus.
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have:
• Master’s degree from a relevant area
• experience in structural mechanics and strength of materials
• experience of Eurocode
• experience in FE analysis; ability to use beam + shell + solid elements
• ability to use following software or experience of similar software: Ansys FEM, SAP2000 and Mathcad
• experience in steel fatigue analysis
• ability and willingness to continuously develop one’s know-how
• excellent skills in English, both spoken and written.
Following skills/experience are considered beneficial:
• Analysis of plated structures and steel frames
• knowledge of steel structure codes other than Eurocode (AISC)
• experience of seismic analysis
At ANDRITZ, we offer an appealing and wide range of competitive benefits for our employees, such as
flexible working hours, health insurance, company events, fitness, and company well-being programs. We care for our employees – they are our biggest asset. Fulfill your potential – come and join us!
Further information about the position will be given by Manager of Product Management department Topi Lyytikäinen, +358 40 860 6961.
Please send your application by 5th of July, 2022.