Product Development & Technical Customer Service Manager
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Specialty Papers is looking for a Product Development & Technical Customer Service Manager for an interesting opportunity to drive product development and lead the area of technical customer service for the Tervasaari mill. The position holder will be a part of the mill management team and will be located at the Valkeakoski mill site.
In the role you plan and see through the implementation of different Specialty Papers product development initiatives in the mill, as well as identify and propose new opportunities. You work closely with mill operations to deliver prompt implementation of product development projects and to ensure a stable product quality offering to our customers. In close cooperation with the sales, technical sales and customer service organizations you develop strong relationships with customers and understand their requirements with respect to quality and performance of our products both today and with the future in mind. You lead the mill’s development & technical customer service team, with TCS responsibility over selected key customers.
UPM Specialty Papers produces labelling and packaging materials to global markets and fine papers to Asian markets. Its main customers are paper converters, distributors, retailers and printers. UPM Specialty Papers is an industry leader in sustainable development. Its high performance papers are produced in Finland, China and Germany. UPM Specialty Papers employs approximately 2,000 people globally.
Follow UPM Specialty Papers on Twitter
Greetings from your future manager:
“As part of our profitable growth story your responsibility is to ensure that the Tervasaari mill develops products and delivers quality which meets our customer expectations and
strengthens us as their preferred business partner. Our mill is a lively working environment with skilled professionals, we look forward to having you join the team!” -Laura Remes
What you will do
- Own the area of product development for products produced in the Tervasaari mill, including local implementation of business area wide product development initiatives, as well as seizing mill-level opportunities.
- Actively identify and propose opportunities for new product applications together with the business area product development team, as well as represent the mill in different R&D projects.
- Ensure stable product quality and technical competitiveness of the products with respect to the customer needs. Have primary technical customer service responsibility for select customers.
- Work together with the sales and technical sales organizations to build strong ties to customers, ensuring customer feedback reaches the production organization, customer specifications are known and are acted upon.
- Together with your team, handle all Tervasaari product quality customer claims.
- Provide technical product expertise to the Tervasaari mill organization and spar the production organization to keep daily stable product quality.
- Lead the Tervasaari development & technical customer service team.
Who you are
- You have a relevant university degree or a comparable technical qualification.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the paper making process, paper qualities and customer production processes.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in product development, technical customer service or another similar role.
- You have strong project management skills, with a proven track-record in seeing through development projects.
- Your influencing, negotiation and presentation skills are top-notch and you are a fluent communicator both in Finnish and English. Other language skills are considered an asset.
- You are quality-oriented and demonstrate ability for analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- You preferably have previous experience in leading a team.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information about the position please contact General Manager, Tervasaari mill, Laura Remes via e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358504863835 on Thursday 14.5 between 12.00-14.00 and Wednesday 20.5 between 11.00-13.00 , or Senior HR Manager Tuuli Isotalo, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358407328248.
Please submit your application and attach your CV by 26 May 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.