Product Development Engineer - Power Electronics
Eaton Industries Manufacturing Gmbh
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices and battery energy storage solutions for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo. In addition to traditional UPSs we develop energy storage and hybrid UPS solutions. The future trend for UPSs is to be a part of the grid and support usage of renewable energy.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our EMEA 3-phase Engineering organization as a Product Development Engineer - Power Electronics. This role will be responsible for designing, testing and documenting systems for UPS and energy storage applications.
Your key deliverables:
- Makes specifications and designs documents based on customer needs and market requirements
- Develops electrical systems for UPS and energy storage products
- Acts as a technical lead in small regional projects (managing requirements)
- Designs PCBAs for UPS and energy storage products
- Tests and makes test plans for power converter systems and subsystems
- Supports sales, marketing, manufacturing and technical support in solving customer needs and issues
- Leads and participates in design reviews
- Participates to high level firmware design
- Is involved in a number of projects, while ensuring that objectives are met and are within budget. Assesses trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, cost, and risk
- Innovates patentable ideas
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work within our World Class organisation at Eaton.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical product design
- Expertise in electronics reliability & power electronics
- Team work in a global virtual team, safety awareness, willingness to travel
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience R&D working in a global environment and learn from our senior power electronics experts globally. You’ll hone your engineering while developing new cutting-edge UPS devices to help Eaton’s customers manage their power needs more effectively and efficiently
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time