Are you looking for new challenges in a unique environment? We are looking for a Product Development Engineer for our client BBS-Bioactive Bone Substitutes. BBS-Bioactive Bone Substitutes is an innovative health technology company that manufactures bioactive bone implants. If you have experience in health technology and product development and you are looking for an interesting challenge for your career, read more and apply for the position as soon as possible!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bioactive Bone Substitutes Oyj (BBS) is a Finnish orthobiology company whose core competence is the development, commercialization and manufacture of bone implants that promote bone formation and healing. Bone substitutes are intended to be used to treat various injuries and diseases of bone tissue instead of self- and bank bone grafts. In this position, you will become part of a team that develops the next generation of medical devices.
You are offered
* Opportunity to get involved in the growth story of BBSs new and innovative product
* Opportunity to gain expertise in the manufacturing pharmaceutical industry, longside a team of top health technology professionals
* Competitive salary
* Possibility to live on land, surrounded by nature. As a place to live, Reisjärvi offers excellent conditions in the form of good basic services, a clean and safe environment, as well as diverse recreational opportunities.
In this Product Development Engineer role, your job is to plan how to take existing product development ideas into production. You will work as part of the product development team and report to the Product Development Manager. Qualifications, validations and the preparation of research samples are part of your job. You will design and select manufacturing equipment for production, and will play your part in ensuring that operations meet industry requirements.
* Product development work, including typical product development parts of the industry, such as sterilization
* Qualifications and validations
* Commissioning toxicity tests
* Communication with various stakeholders
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Although we are looking for an engineer in the title, your education can also be in pharmacy, life sciences or any other suitable university degree. More important than education is the experience you have already gained in product development and a hands-on approach to product development. You have experience in the pharmaceutical industry or health technology and understand the basic principles of the industry.
It is important for you to do your job well and to contribute to an open organisational culture. You work independently and are used to managing your own work. You will work closely with your other colleagues in product development and key people in production and will be a strong team player.
The person we are looking for has
* Suitable education for the role.
* Experience in product development, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry / medical device sector
* Experience of working with quality systems
* Experience in qualification / validation
* Good communication skills in English
Previous experience in using statistical software and Six sigma / Lean would be seen as an advantage. Experience with implantation trials is also seen as an advantage.
As a person you are:
* Solution oriented
* Start: as soon as possible
* Duration: Permanent
* Location: Reisjärvi
* Contact: This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work on behalf of its client company and all enquiries regarding the position should be sent to Academic Work.
We are constantly reviewing applicants and if we have already progressed to the interview stage, the advertisement may be removed from our website before the recruitment process has been completed.
BBS-Bioactive Bone Solutions Oyj develops, designs and produces bone marrow implants. The company's ortho-biological ARTEBONE product is based on tricalcium phosphate (TCP) and the natural spectrum of bone proteins and is capable of regenerating bone. BBS was founded in 2003 and has offices in Reisjärvi and Oulu.