Is North Karelia calling your name? Are you a Bachelor or Master of Chemistry or Wood Material Science looking for unique chance to work in a company that really matters? Our client company Bakelite Oy is looking for someone who is willing to grow in to a role Product Development Chemist & Team Leader. You dont have to be seasoned expert, Bakelite is ready to make you one. Read more below and apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bakelite is working on solutions that provide a cleaner, more sustainable future for all. Now you have a chance to be a part of that journey! At the Kitee R&D facility you get to work with a talented team, and with the help of a senior chemist, have a rare chance to grow in to your role as a Product Development Chemist, leading a team that are focused on the development of new solutions.
You are offered
* Unique chance to learn and grow into your role
* Interesting and international work environment
* A great place to work in a position where every day is different
* Supervising Kitee based team of R&D Technicians
* Taking responsibility of full safety in Kitee facilities and controlling that all actions are made legally correct
* Providing R&D support for the safe and efficient transfer of new or modified products to production
* Working closely with Technical Service during the introduction of new products or technologies to customers
* Maintaining a high standard of understanding of the technologies, regulatory requirements, environmental and quality standards relevant to the industries served
These tasks are being performed first with Senior Chemist.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* At least Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Wood Material Science or other equivalent and relevant science subject
* Knowledge of chemical industry
* Some background on lab work etc. from studies
* Basic IT skills and some understanding of Data Analysis tools
* Fluent English and Finnish skills
All working experience from working in an industrial environment and knowledge of wood based panels are seen as an asset.
As a person you have:
* Strong communication and collaborative skills
* Ability to function well within a small operational team
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: Permant contract
* Location: Kitee, Pohjois-Karjala
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Bakelite Oy that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work
To protect against climate change we are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and we strive to efficiently using natural resources, optimizing existing processes and enhancing products and technologies through continuous innovation.
Our commercial, technical and product stewardship teams are passionate about supporting our business and partner with our customers to meet very individualized sustainability targets. By leveraging our technical expertise, applying innovative thinking and using alternative raw materials where possible, our products are widely used to turn renewable raw materials, such as wood, into highly engineered products by our downstream partners. This helps facilitate the transition towards a carbon neutral economy by providing technical solutions for energy conservation in Building and Construction and in the Transportation sector.