Product Developer, Helsinki
We are looking for
Product Developer – Jersey & Knitwear
to join our global RTW & BA Product Development Team
As a Product Developer your key responsibility is to develop the seasonal collection items based on Marimekko’s product line strategy in close cooperation with Merchandising, Design and Technical Design Team. You are familiar with working in global environment and managing multiple collections and production processes at the same time. You know sustainable sourcing processes with Code of Conduct. This is a temporary maternity leave substitution lasting until the end of June 2021. Position is based in HQ Helsinki/Herttoniemi. You will report to Product Development Team Leader Outi Kiuru.
You will be responsible for:
- Supplier portfolio management including price and production negotiations and contracts
- Product cost calculations and cost price control based on target setting
- Achieving Gross margins and quality requirements
- Supporting designs ambitions in seasonal collection by sourcing relevant suppliers for Items, fabric, and trimmings
- Developing sustainable alternatives in both material but also in production if possible
- Dialog with design & merchandising in finding cost efficient solutions in consumption or making suitable for supplier’s production lines.
- Making a clear and detailed hand over to Demand and planning team and support them if needed to ensure a smooth production planning
To succeed in this role you:
- Need to have 3+ years working experience in similar position
- Are able to manage independently buying processes, products and production
- Are a skillful negotiator
- Are an enthusiastic, self-motivated personality with positive ‘can do’-attitude
- Are flexible, accurate and diligent in operations
- Enjoy problem solving with strong, versatile skills
- Enjoy teamwork and like to interact with diverse personalities
- Know how to manage your time and what to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Are detail oriented and results driven
- Own excellent communication skills, both fluent verbal and written in English
- Are willing to travel
- Have passion for design and fashion
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, then we can offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Outi Kiuru, firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40157 9677 Friday November 6th from 1pm-3pm.
Please fill in an application in English, including CV and cover letter by November 20th to the latest.