We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Product Compliance Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for the ownership and coordination of activities which ensure that our products remain compliant with the relevant regulations and standards. It will be your job to understand the requirements related to different areas of product compliance – not just from an internal point of view, but also from the perspective of our customers and the authorities.
• Improving our customer experience by ensuring that our documentation related to product compliance and processes meets the needs of our customers and government officials
• Developing ABB Drives’ compliance engineering framework
• Working as an internal expert to promote a product compliance culture within the organization
• A challenging role in a global business environment within the Product Engineering department
• A good insight into the latest technologies in several areas
• The opportunity to develop your technical expertise in various fields
• An opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electrical engineering or other relevant field of study
• Ability to work independently to drive things forward, but good team work skills are also needed
• Systematic and analytical problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to manage large amounts of data using different tools such as Excel Pivot tables, PowerPivot and PowerBI
• Competence in documenting, visualizing and simplifying complex topics so that they are easy for others to understand
• Basic knowledge of power electronics and electrical designs
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• A strong understanding of drive technology
• An understanding of electrical safety, the LV Directive, EMC, UL, CSA, RoHS, Reach, Functional safety and/or other relevant areas related to product and trade compliance
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65592004 by November 18, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tomi Väisälä, tel. +358 50 332 3164.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com