Operations division's task is to execute Finnair's flight operations safely, economically and in a reliable manner. Finnair Technical Operations is responsible for the airworthiness of Finnair fleet. The key objectives of Technical Operations are safety, reliable flight operations and cost-efficient maintenance processes.
We are now looking for a result-oriented
to be responsible for managing supplier pricing, service and product performance as well as their quality as part of our Purchasing & Warranty team in Technical Operations. As Purchasing Specialist, you will work closely with internal stakeholders and supplier representatives to secure material availability with optimized pricing and stock levels. Implementation and maintaining of supplier approvals and information will also be part of your responsibility area.
In this role you need to be able to interpret maintenance documents and instructions for material needs and implement these requirements to practical consumption, purchasing and storing plans. For successful consumption forecasting and availability plan, you will also need basic understanding of material planning duties. You will also give your insight and knowledge to contract negotiations, discuss pricing and monitor all aspects of the terms of a contract.
We are looking for a proactive person with already some experience in purchasing activities combined with analytical skills and ability to use data to proactively to identify areas of improvement. Previous experience from aviation industry is not necessary, but interest in learning the field is a must.
- Monitor, plan and negotiate quoted pricing in case of complex or urgent sourcing to maximize margin performance
- Continuous communication with suppliers in case of poor quality or underperformance
- Contract utilization
- Identify margin improvement opportunities through reviews and analysis aiming at process improvements, innovations and cost savings
- Research and analyze data and other product or category related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions.
- Track and report requirements from deviations and taking them into account in own activities as well as in the performance of other stake holders
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports on request using multiple data sources
A successful candidate will have:
- Procurement experience within maintenance, manufacturing or wholesale together with experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain.
- Detail and results-oriented working style with good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently, check your own results, troubleshoot problems and exercise judgement
- Adaptivity to change and ability to develop your way of working
- Good communication skills to convey information
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with experience in creating reports and utilizing advanced functionalities
- A Bachelor's degree in commercial or technical field or equivalent
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in industrial and/or maintenance industry material planning duties are a good addition.
As Procurement Specialist you will be located at our Technical Operations site in Vantaa, Finland. We offer you a work place with a relaxed working environment and atmosphere promoting new ways of thinking. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
To apply, please send your application with your CV, cover letter and salary request by Wednesday, 5th June at www.finnair.com/jobs For more information, contact Manager, Purchasing & Warranty Pete Reinikkala, +358 40 864 9557 on May 28th between 14-15 or on June 3rd between 15-16. You can also send your questions to Talent Acquisition Consultant Helka Rytkönen, firstname.lastname@example.org